Monday, May 6

Brew (Brisbane CBD, QLD)

On a lazy Monday, I decided to revisit one of my old faves in the heart of the city - Brew!  It looks a bit different than from what I remember, as I havn't actually been here in a few months.  All the staff have changed, and they have full table service and more seating now.

I really need to switch up my sleeping schedule!  Since I woke up late, I was hungry, so I went for the chicken and pesto sanger (sandwich, for those of you who don't speak Oz) and the chai latte, which I used to really love.  I say used to, because today it was quite disappointing!  The chai latte wasn't infused one bit and it pretty much tasted like milk.  That makes me so sad because I used to love their Nine Owls Chai!  Sadly, I wouldn't go for it again since I've discovered places like Banneton and The Burrow!  Their panini style sandwich was good and really filling, and as always, I like the bread that they use.  The portion is pretty generous compared to some places, and there's a nice thick slab of cheese amidst the chicken and rocket.  The textures of the ingredients go well together, and for a sandwich, I'd give it a 4/5.

I have yet to try their drinks, but I'm hesitant to dish out $17, when I can most likely get a better drink at The Bowery.  I used to think their service was pretty mediocre, and I sometimes felt pressured to leave, even though they are a cafe with interent.  Their service isn't any better these days, which really discourages me from returning, especially since I've found Bean.

Despite my disappointment, I still give Brew a 4/5 because it has better opening hours than any place in the city, and because they have free wi-fi, which many cafes in Brisbane are still lacking.
Price: 12.5AUD for sandwich + pot of chai | $-$$
Rating: 4/5

Brew (Website)
Lower Burnett Lane
Brisbane, QLD 4000
#: (07) 3211-4242
Brew on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete